Dassault Systèmes launches “Future Sustainable Cities Program”
- Dassault Systèmes launches Future Sustainable Cities Program, taking place from 19 July – 1 October 2021
- The program will focus on three areas – Sustainable City, Transport and Mobility, and Smart Construction
By 2050, the World Health Organization predicts that 70 percent of the global population, or 6.4 billion people, will be urbanites.
For city planners, the perennial challenge seems to lie in providing adequate housing and infrastructure for an ever-growing population of urban dwellers, while ensuring a sustainable and resilient future. City centres are hubs for innovation and knowledge that power economic activities. However, without proper urban planning and management, cities can also contribute to massive pollution and environmental degradation.
Effective urban transformation requires improvements in a number of areas:
- Sustainable City: Sustainable urban solutions including the utilization of efficient energy solutions and sustainable power grids that incorporate renewables and grid-scale battery storage
- Transport and Mobility: A better mobility mix and infrastructure, including the reinvention of city logistics and last mile delivery
- Smart Construction: Harnessing innovation to make cities more liveable and sustainable by becoming "intelligent"
As we mark UN World Population Day this month, Dassault Systèmes invites you to join us in exploring how cities, governments and businesses can work together to take advantage of modern technology to create environmentally-friendly and sustainable urban infrastructure and transport systems.
The Future Sustainable Cities Program is a virtual series that will focus on the challenges of urban transformation today and solutions that can bring about liveable, resilient cities of tomorrow. Covering three tracks focusing on sustainable city, transport and mobility, and smart construction, the ten-episode programme will look at how cities can efficiently orchestrate the next generation of urban transformation projects in today’s digital era.
The series will kick off on 15 July 2021 with a special episode of Industry Insider with Dassault Systèmes entitled Sustainable Cities and Resilient Infrastructure in the Digital Era. In this premiere, Remi Dornier, Vice President, Construction, City and Territories and Guillaume Gerondeau, Vice President, Transportation and Mobility Industry, Asia will discuss how city planners and administrators can leverage digital technologies and aggregate data insights for better decision-making in building more resilient, sustainable infrastructures.
NtechLab expands AI-based solutions in Thai urban society30 August 2022
How Thai SMEs can accelerate digitalization and sustainability in uncertain business environment14 September 2022
NaRaYa embraces Alibaba Cloud to digitalise and optimise customers’ shopping experience12 September 2022
Veeam named as the world No.1 in data backup, recovery, and data management solution provider29 August 2022