SP Group unveils suite of sustainable energy solutions for Nova BUILD Expo 2023
SP Group (SP), a leading utilities and energy group in Asia Pacific, and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Temasek Holdings, showcased its comprehensive suite of sustainable energy solutions at a green building and technology exhibition for the first time in Thailand. A silver sponsor at Nova BUILD Expo 2023 held at BITEC Exhibition Center Bangkok from 13 to 15 September 2023, SP featured its end-to-end solutions that will help commercial and industrial buildings embark and accelerate on their energy-efficiency and decarbonisation journey.
Building operations account for 30 per cent of global final energy consumption and 26 per cent of global energy-related emissions1. Enabling Commercial and Industrial (C&I) properties to improve energy efficiency and reducing carbon emissions at-scale is hence critical for Thailand to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050, and net-zero GHG emissions by 2065.
The key sustainable energy and digital energy management solutions featured by SP include the following:
- District cooling systems centralise the production of chilled water for air conditioning, allowing large developments or districts to reap the benefits of economies of scale and offering up to 30 per cent energy savings, lowering total lifecycle costs and carbon emissions for building owners.
- Cooling as a Service is a scalable and sustainable cooling solution which helps individual buildings or small clusters of buildings optimise its cooling operations and benefit from energy savings and enhanced reliability.
Smart, Digital Energy Management
Green Energy Tech (GETTM) harnesses the power of Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things to enable decarbonisation of the built environment. Employing a digital energy management system like GET empowers building owners to optimise utility consumption and enhance occupant well-being, helping them improve their operational efficiency and achieve their sustainability goals.
- GET Insights provides an integrated view of utilities consumption in buildings to help monitor, manage and optimise utilities usage. Data-driven insights will then facilitate the identification of wastage, which results in sustainable outcomes and cost savings.
- One local example of GET deployment is at Rangsit University, which is piloting GET Control. GET Control is a self-learning building intelligence system that regulates air-conditioning and maximises energy efficiency based on changes in occupancy and ambient weather conditions. This ensures occupant thermal comfort and well-being.
- GET Mobility, a charging station management system that powers the ability of electric vehicle charging point operators to operate, monitor, manage and optimise their network of EV charging stations.
Enable A Greener Energy Mix
SP designs and delivers rooftop solar PV solutions customized to the objectives of each building and business owner. To-date, SP has secured a pipeline of over 100 Megawatt-peak (MWp) of solar projects in Thailand. From stand-alone commercial facilities, manufacturing sites and factories to larger-scale industrial estates and business parks, we offer a range of partnerships that accelerate the transition to green energy, saves energy costs, and reduces carbon emissions.
Supporting the Journey to Net-zero
A range of consulting services and decarbonistion tools to guide customers towards net-zero, and ESG compliance. From carbon accounting to helping you select the right mix of green energy solutions and incorporating Renewable Energy Certificates (REC) and carbon credits, the Climate Services team help you explore every option to go green.
“Our participation in this event underlines our commitment to empowering a low-carbon smart energy future for Thailand. Backed by our innovative solutions and deep engineering expertise as Singapore’s power grid operator, we are excited to share our regional best practices and accelerate the green energy transition of all C&I customers,” said Brandon Chia's SP Group Managing Director for Southeast Asia and Australia.
At the Nova BUILD Expo, SP’s Business Development Assistant Director Thanabhat Yankrohyothin spoke on the Professional Stage about the significance of technology-driven solutions, including district cooling system and Cooling as a Service, Digital Energy Management (GET), Solar PV, and Climate Services (including Renewable Energy Certificates and Carbon Credits), under the theme of “Green your buildings with cooling as a service and integrated digital energy management”. SP representatives about participated in Roundtable Forum sessions with key stakeholders in the public and private sectors on building and climate-related topics.
TikTok goes big in Thailand02 February 2024
China's first AI commercial satellite in the world: What do we know about it?05 February 2024
PwC Thailand introduces ChatPwC, a GenAI tool to enhance service delivery11 February 2024
Neo4j names Twilio veteran Kristen Pimpini to lead APAC region05 February 2024